PDF Export - no joy

I am unable to export current drawing as PDF file though it has worked in past. Only things that occurs is a duplicate of the drawing window is temporarily laid on top of actual window or a little window open to say "now printing" The quartz image is enabled. Cravenly beg assistance.

Which exact PDF export option are you using?

(There are a few different menu names, depending on type of VW and settings)

Also note which VW product you are using.

Hi, thanks. I'm using 12.5.1. I tried the single PDF w/ Export layers as PDF layers, 72dpi, export patterns and Export whole printable area. I actually tried differnt settings also. I also tried batch and weird thing happened -- a new sheet layer "zdontlook" and then "zdontlook2 showed up in the sheet list. When clicked they both showed page same as original. And the program hung up a few times with menu options grayed and inactive.

Thanks.

I have also run into some issues with exporting to pdf on a Mac running OSX 10.4.10 and VW 12.5.1. The problem only seems too occur when one of my layers contains an imported pdf or bitmap image. I go through the export to pdf dialogs including where to save the file and then nothing happens, nada. No file anywhere to be found.

Sometimes I can print to pdf with the Macintosh print dialogue, but the result is either a pdf file that is at least as large as the VW file, or sometimes even a blank document.

My no fun workaround is to redraw large portions of the imported pdf in its own layer and delete the imported pdf. Exporting to pdf is no problem then. More of a problem is created when the imported bitmap is a client's logo which is a bit more difficult to duplicate.

On Mac utilize the power of { Console error_log } to track the entire print & export processes.

If you're having issues with the rastorizer { Started filter /usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgpdftoraster (PID 29565) for job 799},

Console will tell all.

Once VW sends to print via CUPS or exports via Frameworks > dylibs the system components handle the heavy lifting.

Results are written into invisible "tmp" files { /private/var/spool/cups/tmp... } which can become HUGE ...

especially if the processes fail (Saving job cache file "/private/var/spool/cups/cache/job.cache"... ) !

Accumulated "dead spools" are both inefficient and dangerous and that's why there's Tiger Cache Cleaner

{ Cleaning out old temporary files in "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp"...} ; )