Moving Walkthrough vertically

bc

Question

I wish there was a simpler way to move the walkthrough vertically short distances. We can move forward or backward with short precision but not up or down. Whenever I hit the lower or raise ground plane modes of the tool it jumps great distances. Using the viewer up or down modes can rotate the viewpoint such that one can dive head first into the floor but this is many steps to accomplish.

I just wish we could, say, option click drag the walkthrough curser and the viewer moves up and down in a smooth manner (like on an elevator) as can be done with the tool in forward or backward modes.

So if I just want to lower the view about 12-18 inches I simply option-click and drag down. One would think if the tool can move vertically 12 ft at a jump it could move 12 inches in a slightly different mode.

Or am I missing some functionality? Is there some distance preference for the move ground plane modes?

4 answers to this question