Frameless Corner Windows-please help

Hi, I'm new to VectorWorks and I've been searching through the discussions trying to find out how to draw a frameless corner window. I've managed to draw windows at each wall of the corner and place them at the very edge where a support would normally go, but I can't figure out how to alter the windows to make the glass join in the corner without a frame.

Thanks, I've been to the site and I downloaded the demo to try it out, but it didn't seem to be very easy or intuitive. I was hoping not to spend another $175 just to do a corner window.

There should be a way to do this using VectorWorks Architect without using third party plugins. I was hoping to get some help understanding how to change the windows to make them join in a corner.

Mayt,

In short, VW Architect can't do what you're asking. Unless you are willing to model the window manually i.e extruding the frames and the glass, then you are best off taking Jonathan's advice. The demo version of Windoor will allow a few objects per file without purchase, so if you only need one window...

Good luck.

The need for frameless corner windows is not necessarily universal...my preference is for rounded & wrapped ...

Mr. mayt, the really good thing about VW is that only the most helpless & inept can fail to model a simple corner window using the tools available ( the steepness of the learning curve depends on your particular technique & detailing ).

If all fails turn your attention to the ubiquitous ozcad...

Thank you , Mr. Taproot for the gentle reminder that sometimes CAD = programming...

and programming is what we do best ; )

For everyone looking at this thread, I received a call from VectorWorks today regarding my earlier post about the inclusion of the corner window in the next version of VectorWorks. I was originally told in error that they were going to include the capablility for corner windows in their next release. It is still under consideration, and is not a done deal for the future release.

Thank you all for your replies to my original post question. I did manage to draw the corner window by using the 3D tools, and it wasn't too time consuming, but it would be nice to be able to have the option in the future to do it through the windows tool.

Edited by mayt