Editing multiple title blocks?

I wasn't able to find a way. In fact, I had so many difficulties using the title block tool that I finally abandoned it in favor of viewports.

This is the method I employ:

I keep the titleblock information as objects on a design layer

I make a viewport of that layer and apply it to all of my sheets.

I put page specific information such as Sheet # and Sheet Title as text overlaid over the viewport (on the sheet layer).

Then, when I want to update the whole set, I change the design layer i.e. "issue date"

Or, if I want to change a number of the viewports but not all, I add another design layer superimposed over the original with the revised data. I can then edit the selected viewports through the navigation palette all at once to display the new layer.

It may sound cumbersome, but after the template is set up, I've actually found the results to be a lot more predictable.

I had trouble figuring this out too - this is the method I now use...

Search VW help to look up how to create a custom title block and create and attach a custom record to the title block.

The key thing to note is that record items you begin with 'P_' will apply to all sheets (p for project) and record items you begin with 'S_' apply to individual sheets (s for sheets). also there's a suffix for items that will be multiple lines of text - I think it may be '#'

If it works right when you edit the title block info there will be a 'project' tab with a button to apply to all sheets and a 'sheet' tab.

My method is to have a title block saved as a symbol, with a copy on each page on a sheet, so an edit to the symbol will automatically update each instance. The title block includes date and file info from the date/file stamp which I update on each revision or print.