Where can I find info on Animation Compression

I have had a tough time experimenting with animation compression and was wondering if there is a place to find the facts... the manual says to check QT help but I can't find much there.

Example of my problem... I try to compress using h264 but just get a fuzz...am I missing some software other than QTime or are my settings wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

So, if I just choose the compression from the animation drop down menu it should be successful? I can't seem to get any to work other than 'Animation' (which turned a 90 second animation into 1.01gig or 'Video' (which was compressed to about 90Meg but bad quality).

To use sorensen or h264 do you need any other software?

I just got error messages or worse, a shut down of OS.

Thanks,

Got to hand it to Pixar ...

animation can become totally frustrating...h264 requires QuickTime 7.1 .

Basically, you need to control for dpi > over all size, frame rate, key frame , and quality... a real algebraic problem ... so don't be too frustrated.

The different compressors are optimized for various playback protocols & streaming.

Begin with a standard 320x240 image sequence and then experiment with the animation options noting the differences between 'graphic > video' and the importance of key frames for clarity.

You should be able to stumble upon some bizarre combination that's workable.