Lost Section Viewport image

I have section viewports that often turn up with nothing but annotations showing, despite having selected viewport caching (and paying the price of having a 350 MB file). Does anyone else experience this? My elevation and plan viewport images persist, and this problem seems to be only with Section VP's.

Thanks, Brian and Pete. In answer to your questions, the VP is there, but only the annotations appear. If I update, everything shows as it should. What I expected is, with viewport cache enabled, the image from the previous update would persist.

So, Brian, my problem seems to be different from yours, and you might in fact look into the questions that Pete A. raises. And Pete, since everything displays fine after updating, this seems to be an issue of VP image persistence - do your Section Viewports maintain the image (with cache enabled and after closing and opening the file)?

Pete,

Yes...the image remains in its last state with a dashed red bounding line representing that a change has occured and the viewport is in need of updating.

I have on occasion run into your dilema...mainly when creating a section viewport while in an active class that is not part of the viewport classes that I assign during the VP set-up process. With unusually large files I try to keep viewport cache up and running so as to limit the number of times updates are required...

..So I now have created a design layer and set of classes specifically for sections and assign appropriate data to those layers and classes alone. This discipline has corrected many problematic practices.

Pete A