wall openings without doors

I am trying to create wall openings, but do not need for them to be doors. Is there a way you can cut opening in a wall like you can in the roof? Two options i have tried are:

1) creating a new wall exactly the size of my opening and then setting the elevation to 8'. It does the job in 3-d, but in plan, it still shows up as a solid wall, even though the elevation of the wall is at 8'. Is there a way to set the height at which the plan reads (ie 4' or something)?

2) used the door tool and selected a cased opening. Unfortunately, I don't need any casing at all, just a clean opening with no door.

Any thoughts or other solutions?

Thanks.

Use the cased opening but set the Jamb to be 0".

Under the View tab, set the pen weights to be 0 so you don't see the pen weights in the model in wireframe.

You can also do the same thing with the Casement Window.

Katie's method is what I would ordinarily use. Two other possibilities: 1) create a custom symbol composed of 3d polygons. That way you can control the textures applied to the the cutting surfaces. 2) Reshape the wall, adding vertices to create the door-like opening (works only if the opening is bounded on 3 sides, not 4).