VW12 Patterns not printing like screen

wavlas

Question

I am working on Mac OS X Version 10.4.10 with a G4. After upgrading to Vectorworks 12 Patterns no longer plot as they appear on screen with our Xerox Wide Format Copier. Also Bold Fonts have gotten bolder (not in a good way) PDFs look fine on the computer but then plot differently. This is not a check the a "print patterns at on-screen resolution" issue. We have no problems printing to our Sharp AR-M455N. Help!

6 answers to this question

In VectorWorks Options (Tool > Options) go to the Display tab.

Checkmark Quartz imaging.

Now you will have the Print Patterns at On Screen Resolution

This will also address the pen weights that are printing thicker.

I have already done this and have checked the "print patterns at on-screen resolution". That is why I don't think this has anything to do with the "print patterns at on-screen resolution". We've already changed some things from patterns to hatches (Hatches print fine) but existing presentation plans have lots of patterns in them and there are no easy matches to hatches so it is really a big deal.

I have already done this and have checked the "print patterns at on-screen resolution". That is why I don't think this has anything to do with the "print patterns at on-screen resolution". We've already changed some things from patterns to hatches (Hatches print fine) but existing presentation plans have lots of patterns in them and there are no easy matches to hatches so it is really a big deal.

The xerox is a 510 Series Wide Format Copy System. Yes, I do typically have the Quartz option enabled and I think that may just be my problem. I just tried it without and it looks like that fixes the problem. What does the Quartz option do and when & why would I use it?