Still no Cure for Double line boarder printing?

Carl Newton

Question

With reference to the Boarder tool and double line printing.

The tools boarder size reflects the sheet paper size i.e. A1=841mm x 594mm or A3= 420mm x 297mm etc. You also seem to have a greyed boundary area outside this boarder/page size that will change size when you change the printer settings from sheet to roller feed paper and it seems to reflect the printers margins, I don't know why, it should be fixed to the ISO print size? (This is more visible on screen at A3)

My printers are the Hp Designjet 130nr and Designjet 10ps.

The Sheet paper margins are: Top 0.50cm, Bot 1.20, left 0.50, Right 0.50cm

The Rolled Paper margins: Top 0.50cm, Bot 0.50, Left 0.50, Right 0.50cm

I have have set all the document and printer settings to ISO A1 and ISO A1-roller feed. The page/boarder dimensions are all Ok 841x594 but it does not seem to make any difference I still get the boundary line, its like the whole boundary and boarder has been scaled down into the 841x594 sheet and offset by the printers margins some how, but the drawing is at the right scale?

Go figure the whole experience of printing and pdf seems to be really buggy

Any ideas?

3 answers to this question

Your "ghost" line may well be related to your printer driver.? It would be well in the future to list your hardware & software, including OS and version.

What margin settings do you have in the Sheet Border OIP under the Border Settings. . . button? This margin setting is sensitive to the printer driver and places the Border at the specified distance from whatever margin you've set in the printer interface.

We generally set the printer interface margins to zero and then control the Border offset via the OIP. In your case, you may be able to adjust the two settings so the VW Border prints over the ghost line, thereby eliminating the problem.

Good luck,

Hi Travis

The printers are set to the default margins "ref above" as is the Boarder tool which is 20mm all around. I don't seem to have any control of this line set at the page size and grey boundary area other that setting the ISO print size?

G4 Powerbook, 1.5GB Ram, OSX 10.4.10, VWA+RW 12.5.2.

Hi All

I have the boarder set to a value of 20 which gives you 2 boarders, one fixed to the sheet size and the other is adjustable via the Drawing Border Settings panel. I can set the Drawing Border Settings to 0 which will leave a single boarder but it means you can not customise the boarder size within the sheet, which defeats the object of having an adjustable boarder value setting?

Carl