dtm and existing foundations

mechanix,

In order to modify the existing dtm, you need to add 3D polygons to the source layer. To make a hole, you add 2 concentric 3D polygons. The outside polygon would be the top of the hole and the inside polygon, which would be offset from the outside by a minimum amount such as 0.01, would be the bottom of the hole. The general rule is that the 3D polygons may not cross or be on top of each other.

When you create a pad, you can control the slope of the pad. You can also create several pads, all with various heights.

All the pads will be identified as modifiers when you switch to the proposed site model.

I did not mean to use a polygon with just 4 vertices but rather a polygon with multiple vertices at varying elevations that would conform to the existing terrain. Granted that the more vertices that are included, it becomes more tedious to do a simple hole.

I agree that there should be a simpler way to do this. I know it can be done through programming because I have developed the tools to do something similar.

MIguel

also need to cut out an underground "hole" for septic tank and bomb shelter.

You'll need to wait for the VW Fortification module to be released. ;-)

If you do what Miguel and I suggested you can get exactly what you want (minus the septic tank) in the Existing DTM. I just takes a little bit more work.

N.