Opposite of fit walls to roof....

Does anyone know if you can 'undo' a "fit walls to roof" request? ie. if i make a wall "fit to roof" and then a few days later, no longer want it to be sloping, is there a way of making it have a flat top again? I keep having to draw a new wall and starting again and its driving me insane!!!

Lucy, I use a 3d polygon - just make a rectangle, convert it to a 3d poly, set it at the height you want, and use the "fit walls to roof" command as you would normally. This is faster than editing a bunch of walls individually, as Pete has suggested. For one or two walls, his way is faster.

There is a need for a reverse command to 'undo' the Fit Walls to Roof command which returns the walls to their original form.

I've found that running the Fit Walls to Roof command again on walls after you have made changes to them, or to the defining 'roof' geometry, can sometimes have rather unfortunate results. Returning to the original wall form would reduce the likelihood of this occurring.

As always...I normally draw a quick section detail manually to identify the height of my wall plates. I have found that using the fit walls to roof command works best only if your roof thickness is set to the fascia dimension which gives a clean look on the outside but does not provide for proper framing data. On the presentation side, however it works very well.

The 3D reshape tool works well when you have really special walls to modify and you want to keep the wall data intact for window and door insertion. Below I had one of those cases where I needed to insert a hump-back window unit into a wall with the roof scalloped to match the window raduis'...a 4-1/2 hour project in itself. The barrel roof over the window as well as the fascia is fabricated from solids and the roof plane the barrel cut into is a Roof Face Object (I was suprised it worked). The hump-back window is made from a gabled opening hidden behind the 3D solids based windows and trim both exterior and interior.

FrontRightPerA2800.jpg