Drawing border printing two lines

Tamsin Slatter

Question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi

When printing pages with a drawing border, there is an extra line printed outside the border. Presumably this is to show the page boundary itself but it doesn't look great. Is there a way to stop this happening and JUST have the one border line.

I can export the file to pdf, open it with Illustrator and delete it, but this isn't ideal!

Thanks

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Katie

Yes - just had a look at the sheet layer and yes - there is a line around the outside of the border which is on the edge of the paper size.

Is this working as normal? I have no margin set for title block, grid lines are set to none. Border is not filled. If I set pen to None the whole border disappears.

Any clues?

Select the drawing border

Go to the Obj Info Palette

CLick on the Drawing Border Settings button

Do you have any values entered here other than 0?

Do you have "Show Grid" or "Show Grid Lines" checked in the Obj Info Palette?

We are having the same double-line problem.

If a margin value is set VW produces 2 margins: The Drawing border with a margin and line weight as set, and a further superfluous lighter line at the print margin.

While we're on the subject of boarders Katie, perhaps you could look at this thread;

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=81687&page=1#Post81687

N.

Yep me to!

Katie you seem to have a fixed line boarder that corresponds to the print area and you have an internal boarder which you can adjust to that print area boarder via the boarder settings in the Info Palette.

Surely you should have the ability to switch of the print area boarder which will enable you to set/aline the internal boarder to what ever area you want in the print area of that sheet. At present you seem to be stuck with what ever your print area is, set by your printer requirements?

Carl

Hi Katie

Yes I have the boarder set to a value of 20 which gives you 2 boarders, 1 fixed to the sheet size and the other is adjustable via the Drawing Border Settings panel. I can set to 0 which will leave a single boarder but it means you can not customise the boarder size within the sheet which defeats the object of having an adjustable boarder value setting?

Carl