VW 12.5.2 won't install on my Mac Book Pro

Greg Sullivan

Question

I have been attempting - unsuccessfully - to install VW 12.5.2 for two days on my new Mac Book Pro (Build 8R2218/OS 10.4.10). Everything seems to move along fine until the final section of the installation, when the install program hangs with the following information displayed:

Items remaining to be installed: 0

Installing: VectorWorks 12 Prefs

I have waited hours for this to finish - I even left it running overnight, with no completion. The installation software is unresponsive to the 'Stop' button or the 'Quit' option, so I have to force quit the program each time. My user library has a file named 'VectorWorks 12 Prefs', which I delete between each installation attempt. My Applications folder has a 'Vectorworks 12.5.2' folder, with one file installed: ADINIT.DAT

I have turned off my system firewall, the Norton Auto-Protect functions, and deleted anything I can find on the system with 'Vectorworks' in the file name.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the suggestion. I talked to Customer Service on Friday and received the replacement installation disk this evening. I tried once again to install the program. No success. It still will not install anything but ADINIT.DAT and the VW 12 Prefs file - which my computer identifies as an Excel preferences file. I tried resetting the PRAM - no luck. I tried copying the disk files to a folder on my desktop and installing that - no luck. I have disabled my firewall - no luck. I disabled my Open Firmware Password - no luck.

What next?

It worked! I verified permissions, then repaired permissions (although I already use Macaroni to do that automatically). Then I set up a separate admin account and installed it flawlessly. Yahooooo! Thank you all very, very much for the advice. Now I can (finally) get to work on my next project.