Text with Black Blackground

Black backgrounds can be enabled within the Vector Works Display Preferences, unfortunately the

VectorWorks black background is still buggy even in VectorWorks 8.5.2b9. Text does not appear as you type,

instead you get a white blob until you complete the text.

You can change the text colour to yellow for example an its OK (ie you can see the text that you are typing)

but one still gets white showing behind the text and not black as you would expect, that is until you complete

the text by clicking outside of it.

hite text on black background can be seen if you set the attribute fill to black and the pen to black, however,

this is not a sound work around because the next graphic object to be drawn will not be able to be seen

because black pen on black background is invisible.

Any comments?

• 11 months later...

I recently migrated to a pc platform, and I am having the same issues with text. I always work with a black background because it is so much easier on the eyes, but I have only had problems with the pc version - on the mac it seems to work fine.

I've also noticed that selection in general seems much more difficult on the pc - half the time I end up dragging or stretching by accident.