Plant List truncating my data

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi

I have added some text to the schedule comments section on my plant records (not the plant reference data record, the plant record). When I use a simple plant list, this information is truncated. If I create a custom report the same thing happens. I can increase the size of the column on the worksheet, and my data is not at the 256 character limit. It is truncating at the default column size (about 60 characters). Is there anything I can do about this?

I have also tried creating a worksheet from the plant database record, using the notes field and the user comments 1, 2 and 3 fields. Same problem.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do about this other than go directly to the plant reference file itself and cut the text I need?

Thanks

Tamsin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Katie

Sorry for the delay - I needed to find the time to upgrade. I'm now on 12.5.2 (71041) The upgrade completed with no issues or messages other than installation successful. I was on 12.5.0 when I first posted this.

I'm afraid I still have the same problem:

When I create a report, if I include my comments from the Scheduled Comments field on the "Plant" record, the data in the resulting worksheet is truncated at 64 characters.

I have also tried creating a report using the User Comments1 field from the underlying "Plant Record", the same thing happens. It's a nightmare! I've done lots of work on my plant data so I can retrieve it and reuse it easily - and I can't!

Thanks for any suggestions