Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script to change drawing size

Try:??SetPrefReal(70, 2);??????{ = 50% }

or:????SetPrefReal(70, 0.5); ??{ = 200% }

One scales down, the other up. It's a 1/x thing so guessing may be required. One of them should work.

Pref 70 is the "Page Scaling Factor ". It changes the elusive printing scale factor found in:

Page Setup > Printer Setup... (button) > Settings: VectorWorks (popup menu) > Scaling: xxx %

I've done it manually, but never by script (until tonight). Don't forget to set it back to 1 when you're done or you'll swear something's broken the next time you try to print. I don't know if it is document specific or works application wide. I assume the latter, but don't get me to lying. I also don't know if it resets to 1 (100%) when VW is relaunched. You'll have to play with it. Write back when you figure it out.

Raymond

Great that works fine, although I changed the second line to be able to go from 50% back to 100%

SetPrefReal(70, 1); { = 100% }

Is there a way to change the page size too? At 100% my page size is 30"x42", and at 50% its 18"x24"

Also where can I get a list that shows all the Pref's and #'s?

I looked all over help and couldn't find it.

Thanks I'm new to vector scrips, it'a a little confusing