Drawing Label sheet numbering

I've just started looking at using the Drawing Label tool for details in the Office standard I'm working on, but I've got a problem with the "Sheet" item.

If I select the Drawing and Sheet option, the Label displays the Sheet that the detail is on.

I don't want that, I know what sheet it's on; it's on the sheet I'm looking at.

What I want to show is the sheet from which the detail is taken.

EG: I have an Elevation on one sheet, and I have a construction detail from that elevation drawn on another sheet.

How do I enter another sheet no into the Sheet item of the Drawing Label?

N.

select Drawing Label after inserting in the drawing

go to the OI palette you manually change the "Sheet: _____"

and

you should create viewports for printing

and insert the drawings label as annotations in the VP

that way you always get the correct scale since it changes with the scale of the VP

Propstuff,

It appears from your emphasis on the title block on the sheet that you do not use Viewports. This likely explains your frustrations.

We do not have problems with the Drawing label and sheet numbering. This may be because we put them into viewports where the details are displayed from the design layer they are constructed in.

Cbaarch has told you to edit the sheet number for the Drawing Label in the OIP. This is easily done.

I hope I have helped and not confused you more.

Thanks for trying but,

As I said above, I am doing all that:

I am putting them in viewports, and

the Sheet entry field is not active. It is picking up the sheet number from the Title block, and I can't edit it.

Here's the text from the help files;

"Sheet.........Identifies the sheet containing the drawing. .....

On a design or sheet layer that has a drawing border object, VectorWorks automatically obtains this value from the border?s Part Number field"

well thats all very well for the "Help" file, but (my) Drawing Borders do not have a "Part Number field', and nor does the Title Block I'm using, so we're still stuck with unusable Drawing Labels.

NNA, please, ...is this the intended behaviour?