Printing sets printer driver to 50% scaling

Alex W

Question

I have recently had VW12.5 Fund. installed onmy machine at work and I'm having some trouble printing.

Every time I set the printer in the page setup it sets my printer scaling to 50% (not the vectorworks scaling, this is the print driver scaling).

This is irritating, but not a problem for most of the printers that allow me to change the scaling back

However for our 2 main plotters, a TDS400 and TCS400, the scaling option makes no difference to my Vectorworks pagesetup, it shows at 100%, and I don't have access to all of the plotter properties as they are networked.

When you select the TDS400 and A1 paper (landscape), it tells me that the paper size is 1682x1188mm, twice that of an A1 sheet, If you then set your page size to proper A1 dimensions, it says under pages that both the horizontal and vertical values are 0.5!

It looks very much like VW's is changing the scaling in the TDS plotters too, only with no way of me changing it back again.

I have checked the scaling in my Windows printer preferences, and all printers are set to 100% scaling.

I have played around with all scaling options possible in both vectorworks and the printer drivers and none of them make a difference...

needless to say this is very frustrating

6 answers to this question

Was just looking at some other threads... is this an issue with the 300dpi limit? I've tried setting the printer driver preferences to use 300dpi printing and it makes no difference.. VW still changes the drivers scaling mode to 50%.

Seems to be a pretty major flaw and was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Strangely it works fine on the same printers from a Mac machine.

Are you sure the printer saved setting you are choosing is set to a 50% scaling?

I don't know how VW would, or even could, go in and change the printer scaling to 50% without the setting be changed manually.

Yes, I'm sure. I checked the printer preferences in Windows and the default is set to 100%. When I select the printer in VW the scaling shows 50% and has to be manually changed back to 100% for it to work properly. This isn't the case with the TDS400 plan printer, which says it's at 100%, yet also says that a single A1 page is 1670 x 1176mm.

To be honest the other printers aren't that much of a problem because I can manually change the scaling back to 100%. The plan printer is a much bigger problem as whatever I do I cannot get it to give me the correct paper display area. I have some images of the plan printer setup and VW's showing the paper size wrong which I could put up somewhere for viewing if that would help.