12.5.2 Update Fails

Nick_Reid

Question

Can anyone help with an update problem from 12.5.1 to 12.5.2?

I get the error message 'update server responds HUH?'

The full text of the installation log is as follows: (I've blocked my the serial number for security reasons)

"Parameters:

products: Fundamentals RenderWorks Architect Landmark Spotlight Mechanical

gProtectionMode: Series B

gDestination: C:\PROGRA~1\VECTOR~1.1

gUpdaterMode: Update

gLanguage: eng

successURL: https://secure.nemetschek.net/myVectorWorks/updater/index.php?vwVersion=12.5.2(71041)&platform=Win&osVersion=5.1.2600SP2&kind=updater&language=eng&serialNumber=xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

gBaseBuild: 12.5.1.64620

gSerialNumber: xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

executableName: C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 12.5.1\VectorWorks.exe

gErrorFileName: C:\PROGRA~1\VECTOR~1.1\InstallerLog.txt

gAccessLevel: Release

gInstallLibs: True

gInstallHelp: True

Initializing wxWidgets.

Defining error messages.

pageAndQuery:

/AutoUpdater.php?userName=nickreid

buildType=Release

language=eng

exceptValue=

base_build=12.5.1.64620

exceptType=

serialNumber=xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

updaterVersion=15

platform=Win+%285.1.2600%29

sessionID=0000-00-00+00%3A00%3A00

msgID=BEGIN_SCRIPT

action=installerEvent

updaterMode=Update

free space: 25 GB

###############################################################

U P D A T E R

executableName: C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 12.5.1\VectorWorks.exe

executable is ok

gBaseBuild: 1251_64620

begin GetAndInstallUpdates Win

pageAndQuery:

buildType=Release

language=eng

exceptValue=

base_build=1251_64620

exceptType=

serialNumber=xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx

updaterVersion=15

msgID=REQ_PLAT

action=installerEvent

updaterMode=Update

pageAndQuery:

buildType=Release

language=eng

exceptValue=

base_build=1251_64620

exceptType=

updaterVersion=15

platform=Win

msgID=

action=requestFileName

updaterMode=Update

requestFileName response:

Send the error info to the database, and see if you got back a better error message.

pageAndQuery:

buildType=Release

language=eng

exceptValue=None

base_build=1251_64620

exceptType=None

updaterVersion=15

msgID=Server+responded%3A%0A%0A%0A%0AHuh%3F

action=installerEvent

updaterMode=Update

Server responded:

Huh?

Exception Type: None

Exception Value: None

Exception Stack: None"

Nick Reid

13 answers to this question

It doesn't ever finish the install. If I look under the Force Quit Applications Utility the Update VectorWorks.app shows up in read as not responding. Further an Uncompression Utility appears as not responding as well.

It's like it gets 99% through and then hangs on the last bit trying to uncompress one of the installation files.

The Workspaces folder in the VectorWorks folder does make a backup of the previous Workspaces but the new workspace files appear without icons and when I launch the Application, it comes up with a message, no workspaces available.

I checked out installed parts and most was installed (Files 1 and most of Files 2 but none of the Protection subfolder Plug-In Support.vwlibrary files (ie. Eval, Series A or Series B) seem to have been installed.

MetaMan

stranger

It doesn't ever finish the install. If I look under the Force Quit Applications Utility the Update VectorWorks.app shows up in read as not responding. Further an Uncompression Utility appears as not responding as well.

It's like it gets 99% through and then hangs on the last bit trying to uncompress one of the installation files.

The Workspaces folder in the VectorWorks folder does make a backup of the previous Workspaces but the new workspace files appear without icons and when I launch the Application, it comes up with a message, no workspaces available.

I checked out installed parts and most was installed (Files 1 and most of Files 2 but none of the Protection subfolder Plug-In Support.vwlibrary files (ie. Eval, Series A or Series B) seem to have been installed.

Can anyone help with an update problem from 12.5.1 to 12.5.2?

I get the error message 'update server responds HUH?'

The full text of the installation log is as follows: (I've blocked my the serial number for security reasons)

"Parameters:..............................................

Server responded:

Huh?

Exception Type: None

Exception Value: None

Exception Stack: None"

Nick Reid

I get exactly the same log report. I have tried running it again with all my firewall settings disabled and it made no difference.

This should not happen. another premature release from NA?

Sadly Computers Unlimited in the UK are equally crap as no one has even answered the phone or replied to my emails requesting the installation disk.

great.

Sean -

The error message is due to a firewall setting.

Is there any possible way you have both a 3rd party and the Windows firewall enabled?

You can download the updater on another computer - perhaps from a home computer or another associates' computer.

Send me all of you contact information and I'll send CU a heads up on this one.

MetaMan,

Which file does it say it's trying to process when it hangs?

Regardless, at that point, you've got enough pieces to get VectorWorks working, even though it didn't finish entirely.

To fix the workspace problem, you can do either one of these:

* drag one of the old workspaces from the Backup folder up one level, into the VectorWorks/Workspaces folder, or,

* better still (but more complicated), if you have a utility for changing the file type and creator of files, you can set the type for the workspaces to OEd3, and the creator to VW12. Then VectorWorks will recognize them as workspaces.

My update experience just gets worse. The repeated attemps by me to install 12.5.2 with your installer resulted in VW not working at all. Worse, it would not then let me re-install my original 12.5 disk. My windows registry was fouled up and I could neither un install or install VW and had to pay for some expensive IT help to fix my pc and get 12.5.0 back up and running.

My 12.5.2 dvd arrived. This will also not load. The quicktime folder appears to be bust for a start and would not open. I downloaded the latest quicktime and dongle drivers from the net.

Then I proceeded with the install and it now hangs with this error "Error trying to open WinAppB.zip"

Can this possibly get any worse?

I cant update to 12.5.2 either. I have various Macs connected to the internet over a network with 12.5.0 and 12.0.1 versions installed. I have downloaded both 12.5.2 updates and tried to update the app and the message I get back is that I already have the latest version!!! This isnt true. Ive also made sure the app is called VectorWorks. Any way round this?

Thanks

Edited by BenH