rendering times

I am using a 250mhz Macintosh with 384meg of ram. Vectorworks has been allocated 200mgb of ram. My problem is that screen redraws of even sinmple shapes takes 10 -15 minutes and if I try to render in QT 3d for printing out my design that elements disappear from view, can anyone shed some light on the problem.

Thanks

Remember that rendering typically uses memory from the operating system's partition to do its work. Therefore, it may help to free up some RAM in the system, either by quitting other programs or by reducing the memory allocated to VectorWorks.

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@diehlgraphsoft.com

see if the lines you using to draw the elements with are not dash lines, I have had problems in the past with drawings I have imported from Microstation DXF's, you can check this by clicking the line style window in the attributes pallet, and if some lines take a long time to draw then this is your problem. To solve just go into the dash styles preferences and delete all the lines that seem to take ages to draw