Greek fonts on 12.5.1 and 12.5.2 (XPpro and OSX)

i konow there only a few out there working with greek fonts (unicode)

here it comes>>> VW uses for the greek character (03BC) mi(little m) the font of mirco(00B5).The problem is that a lot of fonts do not have this location.

here it comes>>> on XPpro VW types the Simga(03A3)(capital) correct, until you will edit it. VW puts after every SIGMA the letters tm). VW repeats this as often as you try to edit.

question>>> is this a VW issue or a OS issue?

is there any way out of this VW13...

greetings from a sunny little island

peter

• 3 weeks later...

What a stupid question!!!

(just kidding -- you said you missed Petri, so I was trying to fill in for him)

I doubt if I can help, but since noone else has answered, at least I can give you a reply:

Are you saying that VW responds to the unshifted M key in a different way than other programs do? If other applications do the same thing, then it's a system problem. If only VW does it then it's a VW problem. Either way it sounds very strange.

If it's the system, there might be software you can buy that intercepts and changes the conversion of keyboard scan codes to character codes. Maybe your machine already has something like that built in by the manufacturer. Maybe it makes the small-mu substitution so that you can type a "micro" symbol even with fonts that don't have a Greek code page.

If it's VW, I think only they can fix it. The company that sold you VW should take care of it.

You say a lot of fonts don't have a 00B5 character. What fonts are they? I just ran quickly through the first 50 or so of my system fonts, and almost all of them have a lower-case mu at 00B5 -- even the ones that don't have a Greek code page. The only one I could find that has a lower-case mu at 03BC but not at 00B5 is Galilee Unicode Gk.

On my own Windows 2000 system, I can't duplicate the problem you described. When I type unshifted M in Greek I always get a proper lower-case mu, even in Galilee Unicode Gk. That's true in VW as well as other applications (I've got VW v10, so it only shows the Greek characters as I'm typing them).