Custom Selection issues

olly

Hi,

It's a problem I have noticed for a while now, the custom selection tool is essential but it doesn't work properly for me.

Example :

All my windows are PIO objects and not symbols, If I want to select all the windows of my model (just groundfloor), I :

-select the custom selection tool

-Layer=Groundfloor

-choose Type=window

-valid

Then I expect from this operation to have all the windows selected,

but only one window per wall is selected :mad:

Now I suppose this issue is correlated to the fact that I built PIO "window in wall" and not symbol, but otherwise they wouldn't be "window" type so I wouldn't feature the custom selection the same way...

So How can I select all my PIO windows, even If I have more than one PIO window in a wall ??

Thanks very much for your help,

Olly

It's a pain, but if you save your custom selection as a vectorscript with additional criteria that corresponds to the change you are making to the PIO, you can get through your changes a little faster by using the vectorscript, making your changes, and then running the script again. The additional criteria will make sure that the ones you have changed are not selected, and instead the next PIO in the wall is selected. Eventually the script will not select any PIOs- then you are done.

It's not perfect, but it is faster than doing each one individualy- especially on large projects

-P

Olly, for now to make parameter changes on more than one window at a time the workaround is to use a 3rd party utility, "Info Editor," available from SofwareCustomizationServices.com at a very reasonable cost. I finally broke down and purchased Info Editor after being given the same advice over and over, and I've saved literally hours of time.