Doors don't seem to make a full cut in a wall?

Hi

I have noticed when I have inserted a door into a wall it does not make a full cut at the bottom of the door and leaves a sliver of the wall beneath it.

It becomes visible when you have a door threshold / cill thinner than the wall, so when you render you get a mottling of the textures and colours of the wall and floor beneath it. I have tried to make the door a couple of mill lower than the wall to see if it would make a full cut but it does not work?

P.S

Sorry for posting a version of this in the wrong discussion area

Carl, I've submitted a bug report about this. This is particularly a problem when the door threshold is lower than the wall, which occurs typically in a garage man-door, and other situations. This problem is also responsible for those false thresholds that show up in interior renderings. Robert A. has recommended raising floors by a fraction of an inch to obscure those, but one hopes that is a temporary workaround as it plays havoc with accuracy in sections.

There is a workaround where one needs to drop the door below the wall. Edit the wall using 3d reshape tool to bring a portion of it down to the bottom of the door. See attached image for before-and-after results.

Threshold%20bug%20fix.jpg