flip when placing symbol

sphere3d

Question

I freqeuntly encounter the fact that when placing a symbol, i rotate it 180 degrees, AND i want to flip it vertical...

So could there be an (with a command key or alt key) possibility to do so in the future?? (like aligning double lines, right or middle or left with the command key or mode bar keys..)

Robert

8 answers to this question

Why not draw the symbol in the orientation you plan to use it the most?

OR, create two symbols - each one representing the orientation you are going to use ?

Alternatively, the mirror tool can simply mirror an object without duplicating it - which is essentially what a 180 rotate and vertical flip does. You could choose the center line of the shape/symbol as the mirror plane to ensure it stayed in place.

Indeed, you are correct. In architecture, brick symbols have their insertion point at the upper or lower edge, due to placing requirements in the drawing.

Sometimes bricks are placed from left to right, and all goes well. But when this symbols is place from rifht to left, it appears bolow the insertion point, cause one had to rotate during the placment. So it looked to me a nice feature, to use a key, to flip this brick on its place, when placing it in the drawing....sorry for my english....i hope you understand my story.

Robert

For the upper right to left placement, align the insertion point w/ the upper right corner. Click one time, then move the mouse around so the symbol is rotated around & click again.

This is one of the key benefits of symbols in VW.