Alignment/ registration between sheet layers

Once the Move Page tool is used on a sheet layer, alignment/ registration is lost such that paste-in-place no longer works across sheets. Sheet corners don't seem to have exact snap points. Smart cursor may say "bottom left," but snapped loci are not at the same location on each sheet! They're close, just not digitally precise. Otherwise Set Origin would help.

Is there a way to return sheets to their original perfect alignment/ registration?

What am I missing -- or is there some trick or work-around?

an unwritten rule of using sheets

never used the Move Page tool

move the viewports to fit the sheets

I totally agree, but subject file has it already moved. Now must fix.

to regain the origin

go to organisation palette or navigation palette

and edit the sheet

Origin needs to be x=0 y=0

Does not seem to work. Quick test is paste-in-place, which remains off.

double click on the move page tool, it will recentre the sheet

Interesting. It's a viable work-around when all sheet layers are reset that way. Identical objects' coordinates can then be fixed across sheets (paste-in-place is still somehow corrupt in this particular file).

It should be noted, however, that it does not restore the "printable page" to its original position, which is peculiar -- new sheets don't start off perfectly centered! Or maybe I'm still missing something.

Anyway, thank you.

new sheet layers will take their page layout print setup etc from the current setting (from the file menu) so if that is not at 0,0 then the new sheet won't be either

generally I always (even on design layers) try to leave the page at the origin, or at least put it back there after a temporary print (same as leave the scale at 100%, otherwise throws out saved views etc - better to have a temporary sheet layer for test prints that you throw viewports onto and change the scale etc there)

it always pays to check the print setup and the print area after creating a sheet - make sure print area is on One Page