scale layouts

By layouts do you mean viewports? If that is what you are after, it's easy:

Select the Viewport you want to rescale.

Look in the OIP (Object Info Pallette).

Find the Scale pulldown menu (it's about half way down).

Click it to open the pulldown. A list of standard scales is displayed.

Drag to select the scale you want or make a custom scale

On your drawing, the Viewport will rescale.

Text in your annotations does not scale, so try to scale before annotating.

If you are trying to rescale a design layer, that can be done in layer edit mode - access through layer pulldown in data display bar at top of drawing window, or by double clicking the Layer icon in the Navigation Pallette, or in MenuBar/File/Document Settings/Document Set Up/Layer Scale

Post back if you mean something else.

Good Luck!

-B

The concept is that a sheet is always actual size that you would send to the printer, the VPs are scaled

Well, no. This isn't the case where a sheet has more than one page. Obviously it is then the page that is the same size as the printed page, not the sheet size.

Scaling the sheet size has nothing to do with scaling the size of the page. And rescaling VP's has nothing to do with the issue as far as I'm concerned. As an example, I have a logo, as a symbol, and I use it in a VP, say at 1:10. If I want to use it in a title block, then I have to create a new symbol scaled to a tenth of its size.

Maybe the way I use sheets is different to most users, and maybe it doesn't bother anyone else, but my gripe remains - why has the scaling of sheets been changed to make it less flexible?

we have our title block on the sheet layer at 1:1

then only 1 tb is required for each type we use.

we then use annotation for the detail/plan title

because it then uses the scale of the VP

and you do not have to manually change it every time

we have sheets set up for the printer we are using

never multiple pages per sheet

that was our "old" way of doing things before sheets and vp

where implemented.

The concept is that a sheet is always actual size that you would send to the printer, the VPs are scaled

Well, no. This isn't the case where a sheet has more than one page. Obviously it is then the page that is the same size as the printed page, not the sheet size.

Scaling the sheet size has nothing to do with scaling the size of the page. And rescaling VP's has nothing to do with the issue as far as I'm concerned. As an example, I have a logo, as a symbol, and I use it in a VP, say at 1:10. If I want to use it in a title block, then I have to create a new symbol scaled to a tenth of its size.

Maybe the way I use sheets is different to most users, and maybe it doesn't bother anyone else, but my gripe remains - why has the scaling of sheets been changed to make it less flexible?

you can't change the sheet scale in vw 11.5, i checked it, you can change how many papers of the a certain size you want to seeonthe background though.

This is a clarification. I may have been a bit off topic in my first reply, because the question turns out to be about scaling sheet layers or those pesky "layouts" which appear in ACAD imports to Vectorworks. Above, I posted about viewport scale, and noted that viewport annotation text does not scale when the viewport is rescaled. This is not quite correct. Apologies, but it is a bit funky:

Rescaling a Viewport by using the Menu/Modify/Rescale Object command does actually cause the text to rescale as long as the "Rescale Text" option is checked. Leader line arrowheads do not rescale. The scale field in the viewport's OIP updates to show the new scale.

Using a Viewport's OIP scale setting to rescale the VP does not rescale text or the arrow points on leaderlines. Is this useful in some way? Or, shouldn't the VP rescale menu act like the Rescale Object command?

Or perhaps this is just another argument topic in the annotation on Design Layer vs annotation in VP.

-B