Window and Door Schedules

I'm working on a plan with many duplicates of the same door and window type-I have 30 doors all alike and tried to use the same id number for all 30. When I generate a door schedule I get 30 lines all alike, and I can't figure out how to delete 29 of them. When I attempt to delete a line, the entire schedule disappears. Any help would be most appreciated.

• 8 months later...

Doesn't help, Pat. I wanted to summarize all doors with similar marks by dragging the summarization icon to its column. What happens next is that all the other columns with dimensions are added up instead of showing their common values. I can probably place summarization icons for those other columns but I'm only allowed up to 3.

I'd like to do that also, perhaps for an early schedule where different detail keys, etc., are not required. But, Ariel, I don't understand why you say " I can probably place summarization icons for those other columns but I'm only allowed up to 3," when all you really want is for the identical 'Marks' to be summed. You want to sum that one column only.

I can't get VW to sum any column, only rows (and not one but all rows), as I thought you noted, eventhough help says "Summarizes identical database items in the desired column. Click and drag the icon to place it over the desired column header. An icon is placed next to the column heading letter. Identical items in the columns sub-rows are grouped together in a single sub-row."

Edited by Brooke
I'd like to do that also, perhaps for an early schedule where different detail keys, etc., are not required. But, Ariel, I don't understand why you say " I can probably place summarization icons for those other columns but I'm only allowed up to 3," when all you really want is for the identical 'Marks' to be summed. You want to sum that one column only.

Yes, I wanted to sum up just the identical marks but I also wanted to show the common values as is --- not added up in the process. For example, a 2" jamb width for all 4 doors marked 01 should show as 2" instead of 8" in its corresponding column.