Sun Study with a property line

i'm doing a 3D model for a sun study, i've got along with this model, a "property line" floating above the model so it is in the proper place when viewing from the "top" or "plan"..

the Property line is now Casting a shadow, along with my sun study though..

questions are:

1. can i stop the casting of a shadow from a particular symbol or line.?

2. can i show this line as a "property line" style, instead of solid, which i guess in 3D it is not letting me do.?

how do i get it to have a line style, while using a RenderWorks, or can the line be forced back to 2D so that i can show the line style and Render it out with another method and combine? (if this is the case, i don't know how to force it back to a 2D element? it is not show the line style right now?, i can't get it to show line style, i'm missing something there.)

3. along with this i had a question on can i hide a Symbol or group, or drawing object?

thanks.

Edited by jonk..

well i think i figured out the best way finally... there appears to be a bug in the program... all of my parts of the project are actually symbols nested within each other in a hierarchy... which lead to finding this bug.

first, i select the symbol that is actually the property line, and took the whole symbol and "converted to line" within the symbol that the "property line" symbol was inserted in, it then no longer casted a shadow, and i can give it the property line style.. perfect for what i was doing, and wanting....

however, as soon as i exited the symbol ((which the "property line" symbol was inserted in, and now it is "2D lines") in other words they were nested) or even go down the hierarchy by double clicking on another symbol, and then return to where i converted the symbol to lines, the lines were no longer there, it just disappears... (this is the bug i believe)

i'm pretty sure it is a bug, because i went on to....

get around this, i first converted the symbol "property line" to a group instead, then converted to a line, this seems to stick as a line, if i come back to the symbol that had the "property line" in it, the line is still there now...

so i believe that the program is treating the symbols differently than groups... (there shouldn't be a distinction between the two).... especially converting them to 2D lines...

Jon.

Edited by jonk..