rendered model on a picture

ok now I am desperate...All I want to do is see the rendered model on the photo. I cannot seem to do it by making a texture of the photo. So is there any way to just have the picture (jpeg) appear behind the model so I can display that to my client. I do not want to go to photoshop to cut and paste. (My photoshop is not on my laptop and I'm on the road. Please help!

thanks (sorry to be an idiot!)

michelle

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you have RenderWorks - you can use the jpeg file to create a RenderWorks background and assign that to the active layer by double-clicking on the background resource in the resource browser. Then just render using any of the RenderWorks modes.

I tried that and the obstacle for me is moving the background just where I want it and its size.

you see I am placing a site picture in on a specific angle that forces the model to be in that perspective and size.

I have a few other ideas how to acoomplish this but can anyone tell me how to gid rid of a background without discarding the whole layer? I know I can move the model to a different layer but then I lose the exact location of the its perspective. (gosh I wish there were a way to duplicate that without all the shenanigans of twist and trial and error. thaks for any ideas, help