Sign in to follow this  
jylondon

Exporting VW workgroup references to DWG

Question

Can anyone suggest how to export workgroup referenced drawings with linked layers to a DWG file without the composite drawing disappearing? I am new to VW and can't see how in the manual!

6 answers to this question

What do mean by "composite drawing"? I just exported a file today with Layer Links and it was fine; didn't lose any info.

Thanks for the questions: In this case the drawing was a large floor plan, and building outline, with individual workgroup referenced files creating the 9 internal apartments. When we tried to export to DXF we lost all of the referenced files. Is there a box to tick somewhere?

I use a lot of workgroup reference files and have never had this problem exporting--the WGRs always go along. One of the nice things about the way VW WGRs work, I thought.

What setting are you using when you export?

We worked out how to export the files in VW10 by using the DXF format (text) Version 14/Lt98/lt97 with all visible classes and boxes ticked. I hope this might help others- or maybe it was just our files.