persistance of memory in worksheet

I am trying to set up a simple worksheet to list the areas of rooms in the building I am working on.

Each room in the building is defined with a VW Space with name, number and so on filled in.

Then the floor plans are all referenced into a new file. In that file I create a report to get a simple database of room name, room number and actual area.

All good so far. Very excited by this convenience in VW--I don't need the info but it seems like a quick way to gather it for a consultant.

However, when I run the report it seems to be pulling up old information--for example some of the rooms have old numbers from several weeks ago.

I purge my files often and created this composite file new today--so how is it finding old info?

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get around this or why it might be happening?

Yes, what I finally got to work was:

Isolate the spaces on a separate layer in each plan drawing, reference just those space layers into a new document. No problem with creating the report.

I am not sure how it was finding old versions of the spaces--which is why I was saying it was a persistence of memory problem. The things the worksheet was finding are no longer in the documents--they have been updated.

It is a bit of extra work to set up but I am okay with a functional work around.