dimensioning

Hello,

I am fine dimensioning in my design layer. I have started drawing in 3d and now my new thing is to put all my dimensions in the annotation section of my viewport. The problem is that they are not associative. I want to be able to adjust something and not have to go back to my viewport and adjust the dimensions. Any help?

That is what I had done, but now I am doing some 3d things that when I make my sheet layer with a viewport I can have a top wire frame, side wireframe, and front wireframe all of only one thing and use the annotation feature to anotate each viewport. I cannot do that in my design layer.

Matt, I'm sure we'll have this ability in viewports someday, because it's been a wishlist item for a lot of people, including myself! :)

In the meantime, I have been using a nice little plugin I got off vectordepot.com (I think) that does a quick conversion of a dimension to 3D objects. It's no longer a dimension, of course, but the same text and lines can now show up in many views, rotated as appropriate. Don't know if that helps you, but it's another strategy.

Cris Dopher

• 1 month later...

Too Bad,, and Yippie,, but not yet ! It don't work fer my Windows PC at Work,, but may be able to use at Mac at Home ? wonder how that file transfer is going to turn out ?

BUT - I'm still tryin to get my dimension arrow to edit from slash or solid to 'open' - finally figured out the difference tween ARCH & ISO ? for starters.. hELP

Well,, I found out that I needed to create a custom dimension arrow to get the 'open arrow' to be my choice.... unless somebody knows a better way? Then, I have these small scale Airplane drawings 1/32" but the arrow size is way too big on the page. unless I change the scale to 1/4" .. what can I do to get the arrow size in relationship to my drawing? I didnt' think this use to be a problem.. but I'm still new. and I changed my name from 'youdonntneedanotherdrawing to this. re hello again.