SketchUp Importer

mlau

Question

I have installed VW 12.5.1 and mistakingly re-installed the downloadable SketchUp Importer from the VW website. Now when I go to Import/Sketchup from the VW file menu there is no pop-up dialog to find SU model. I assume I have broken something - How do I fix this?

The problem that led me to re-installing the "InstallSketchUpImport1200.exe" file was that I was not having success importing SU 6.0 models. Does VW 12.5 support import of SU 6.0 models?

10 answers to this question

It's likely the menu needs to be reset. To do that, remove it from the workspace and add it back.

I removed the Sketchup importer from my workspace > saved the workspace > closed VW > reopened VW (checked to make sure SU importer was removed) > added SU importer back into workspace > saved workspace. Then I tried the process again File > import > import Sketchup. The importer still does not seem to be working. Is there anything else that you think I should try?Thanks

Oh I just noticed you are trying to import a SU 6 file. A SU 6 file has to be saved back to a SU 5 file and can then be imported.

I'm so sorry about the confusion.

Sorry about the confusion, I do understand now that VW does not support import of SU 6.0 files. However, the problem presists that I am having. When I go to Import > Import SketchUp, I do not get a browse menu to navigate to a file. I'm sure it has something to do with accidentally running the SU importer execute file that is available on your website.

I have the latest version of VW 12.5.1. Is there a way to uninstall the SU plugin and then re-install it?

You may want to contact TS directly and have one of them walk you through resolving this, too. It might be faster that way.

tech@nemetschek.net

410 290 5114