dash scale and WGR

I have plans drawn at 1/8" = 1'-0" which are then referenced into detail sheets. In those sheets the viewports are set to 1/4" = 1'-0".

The dashed lines are changing scale from the original to the detail drawing. They are much smaller at a larger scale.

Is there any way to manage this so that dashed lines will be consistent?

Select the VP and go to the Obj Info Palette.

Click on the "Advanced Properties" button.

Do you have something other than "1" entered for "Dashed Line Scale"?

If so, change it to 1.

If it is set to 1, duplicate the viewport and set it to the 1/8" scale. Look at the dashed lines side by side.

Do they look the same, or are they scaled, still?

Katie,

I tired what you suggested. The dashed line scale is set to 1

When I duplicate and rescale the viewport it gets smaller and the dash scale changes in the viewport.

Should I be changing the dashed line scale to make up for the change in scale from drawing to viewport?

thanks

I will try to post an image.

You can see in the door swings that the dashed line is the same in both viewports. What I need is 6 dashes in 1/8th and 6 dashes in 1/4th. So a larger dash factor in the 1/4" viewport.

I misunderstood you from the beginning then.

I thought you were saying the individual lines of the dash pattern were changing size when you changed viewport scale.

To achieve what you are looking for, the lines making up the dash will need to be shorter. You can adjust this in the Advanced Properties button, dashed line scale.

Set it to a smaller number than 1. (Use .5) for a line and space of the 1/4" scale to match 2 lines and 2 spaces of the 1/8" scale.

The key thing here is that the dash lines are consistent with the default behavior of VW.

What you want is to adjust the dash line pattern.

Edited by Katie