custom lighting position problem

I created a custom light position (a curved position because there is none in VW12) for the space I am working in. However, since the light position is curved I can't get the align and distribute feature to work on it. Is there anyway to align and distribute my light fixtures along a curved light position without having to do it manually?

Thanks

Hi guys. i know that Sam Jones' AutoPlot has manual channel assign and manual dimmer assign. and i see in his autoplot menu a "distribute fixtures along line" but i don't know if this includes curves. you can check his tools at www.autoplotvw.com. he also stops by here on a regular basis so he may be able to provide you with more info the next time he stops in.

hth,

shelley

When using the duplicate array command you can choose whether to create the duplications tangent to the curve or to maintain the direction of the original. I used the former to distribute fixtures around the Mark Taper Forum's thrust stage, and I use the latter to distrbute fixtures on most curved FOH positions in proscenium houses.

Unfortunately, the distribute tools in both AutoPlot and Spotlight only work on straight lines, thought the AutoPlot tools will let you rotate the distributed lights perpendicular to the distribution line.

One of the spaces i regularly work in is the same way with two curved FOH positions. I too have created custom hanging positions (like i do with every space i work in) and just place things manually on one side (assuming everything is symmetric) and mirror everything. Then, i can usually set my labeling from right to left without an issue . . .but i have no idea how much of a curve your position has . . .