moving symbols in wall

The most accurate way is:

After the inserted plug-in object is selected go to the Object Info Palette and select POSITION. You can enter precise values in the resulting menu. It can get tricky when the wall intersects other walls since the dimension off-set is measured from wall center lines.

Hope this helps,

Bob

After the inserted plug-in object is selected go to the Object Info Palette and select POSITION. You can enter precise values in the resulting menu. I

True that...but....

t can get tricky when the wall intersects other walls since the dimension off-set is measured from wall center lines.

Not exactly true that. When you hit the Position button, the ensuing Position Symbol in Wall dialog includes a highly schematized representation of the wall and symbol insertion, where you can choose centerline, outside, or inside of wall as reference! Still tricky sometimes, but easier than cl only. HTH.

Choose the control option in the OIP, then use the floating datum in conjunction with the Data Display bar to accurately snap to the offset from corner you are looking for when inserting the door/window.

I just learned from the Podcast that the trick to dragging the door or window is to turn off the WALL INSERTION MODE in the Mode Bar. I had never thought of that as the reason for the object popping out of the wall while dragging. Now I know. Thanks arconcad!