General Notes - don't appear on design

Another (probably) stupid question that someone can set me straight on . . . I'm trying to add notes to my design using the General Notes feature. I ensure my text class is active, I choose General Notes from the Dims/Notes tools, I click somewhere on the design, and the Notes Manager appears. I add a note, choose OK, and nothing appears on my design. If I go through the process again, the note that I just added isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, BJS

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hmm - that's an odd one. Are you using database controls when the notes manager appears? There is no reason why you shouldn't - just trying to reproduce your problem and I can't

You say that you are clicking OK - but you should need to do this twice. Once to create the note itself, and again to leave the Notes Manager dialogue - the notes object should then appear on your drawing.

Talk me through it even more step by step and I'll see if I can work out what's happening.

Well, I just went through the steps that I was following before and this time it worked . . . but honest to go, I didn't change anything with my methodology. Since I posted the first message, I have closed out of Vectorworks and rebooted my system so I can only suspect that there was something system-wide that was causing my problem and that a reboot fixed it. Has anyone had that kind of problem before?