Walls, from structural to architectural

In working the "VW WAY" and generating all plans from a minimum amount of design layers, how does one generate a structural and an architectural plan (VP) from the SAME design layer. The walls would have to read differently in the respective VP's (ie: only structural wall element in structural and structural and finish components in architectural). This would be achievable if wall components could be class specific, and so be turned on or off as required...

Can VW take notice of this wish list request?

Anyone has a good work around for this?

Thanks,

Carpalmer

We primarily do residential additions, so our structural drawings are quite simple. When we do our structural drawings, we usually uncheck the "show wall components" button under the advanced properties button of the viewport. At least then the wall components don't detract from the structural information.

that?s my work around, but we shouldn?t have to do it, which is why I said that I don?t have a good work around...

Why not? when you want to calculate the building, you'll have to draw it correctly how it will be built, that's why (and other reasons) i draw them seperate. it is also better if you use a live section.

that?s my work around, but we shouldn?t have to do it, which is why I said that I don?t have a good work around...

Why not? when you want to calculate the building, you'll have to draw it correctly how it will be built, that's why (and other reasons) i draw them seperate. it is also better if you use a live section.

Please how do you go about one window in separate walls?

come on! drawing them twice?! that's not what CAD is about, besides the whole point of generating plans from a MINIMUM amount of design layers is that as things change (always seem to) you don't have to correct (or forget to) a bunch of layers...

hope VW gets this worked out on the next release since it is a critical issue.

Carpalmer