Clipped menus

P West

Question

I've just installed VectorWorks 12.5 and Spotlight on a PC running Windows 2000 Pro with 512m memory. Most everything is working fine but some of the texts on the menu dialog boxed are clipped - shortened to 15 characters or so. For example, in the Document Preferences dialog box the first chack box text reads "Black and white c". This happens in other dialogs too. Did I make a mistake in the installation?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

The font size is set to 113% using the "other" option in the display->settings->advanced->font size option. Display res is 1024x768. I've noticed that VectorWorks overrides the Windows font type settings in its menu bars and pull-down menus. Could this be set from within the program?

Just out of curiosity, does the problem go away if you set the size to 100%? This might not be what you want to do long-term, but just for diagnostic purposes, it would help to know that this is exactly the source of the problem.

There is no way in VectorWorks to control this, or to defeat the over-ride for menu bars and pull-down menus.