custom symbol problem

Hey all,

I am creating my own personal batch of symbols. I tried to make a hybrid by creating my 2d version to my liking. After doing that I opened the standard vectorworks symbol for that light and went to edit 3d components. I selected all, copy. Went back to my light edited 3d components and when I pasted it looked okay.

Now the problem...

When I went and dropped in my first light it looked fine because it was just straight foreward. I rotated another instance and it rotated in some sort of perspective view that streatched the light in a odd sort of way. This happened any time I tried after that. Next thing was I went to my right iso view and I didn't even see the hybrid 3d portion. I just say the same thing as in plan.

I am sure this is an easy problem to solve, but I would like some help.

Edit the symbol 2D properties, and make sure the correct data is there.

Then, edit the 3D portion of the symbol, switch to a TOP PLAN view and ensure it looks correct from that angle. Then flip through a side view, front/rear view, and isometric view to ensure it all looks correct.

Also check to see if you have a symbol within a symbol. It may be the orientation of the symbol inside the main symbol is skewed at a different angle.

I think you'll find your problem when you edit the individual parts of the symbol and fly around.

Hey Katie I appreciate it.

I solved both problems on my own. The one was like you said and when I looked in other views it was corrected. The other was a new monitor and a while of being driven nuts by it.

Thanks for the help