Stalinist NNA

OK. This is where we are. I am critical, very critical about NNA. The vast majority of VW users pay for features & content that benefits only the few.

So far I have been able to circumvent the various attempts to censor my views on the Tech Board, but the KGB-agents managing the VectorScript mailing list have been able to defeat my attempts to subscribe. I gather that the Tshekists have instructed the System to block my IP-address. (Today I subscribed to the list with two identities, belonging to domain names I own. No success.)

But never mind. I'll just take my playthings to another sandbox. I have other IP-addresses and could circumvent the Gestapo, but I couldn't be bothered. VW will never become useful outside the U.S. of A: the Powers That Be are ignorant and myopic.

So long and have fun with VectorToyWorks.

Edited by Petri

Hi Petri,

I'm sorry to see you go.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

and fish there was. Usually hidden under a pile of snears, but the fish was there.

For many people the "tone' of the mails was reason to dismiss you, easier than having a critical eye on themselves. Something they should reflect upon. But you are the wiser in this, you know how people will react, and therefore you are partially to blame, too.

As we speak NNA is beginning to carefully look outside the borders of the USA. unfortunately they still see a bunch of wildies running around in bear skins, waving our wooden clubs. Hence the dongle on their products.

But they are developping an interest to our needs and I think, as international sales are steadily growing, a development in VW that will suit needs better and better.

You have to admit that the latest developments in Sheetlayers and ViewPorts are a major enhancement we all provit from. the program has made some real progress since I first touched it (MC 2, back in the early 90's)

This is it then?

So long for now and I hope we meet again.

Sincerely yours,

Gerard Jonker

OK. This is where we are. I am critical, very critical about NNA. The vast majority of VW users pay for features & content that benefits only the few.

Petri, when was the last time you used MS Word or Excel or any program with any modern operating system ? OSX installs with code for Python & Perl & X that only a small percentage of Users require. Even this Blog has many features Users rarely use.

Petri is a creative complainer... pure & simple ... which { within limits } has it's cherished place in all our hearts.

Nevertheless, NNA has the right produce their products and to moderate their Lists... cus they've earned it !

As the olde saying goes, " If you can't stand the heat... then get outta the frying pan".

And ... you can log-on anonymously via http://www/proxify.com

The vast majority of VW users pay for features & content that benefits only the few.

The vast majority of current users are beneficiaries of years of work on the program, supported in the early years almost exclusively by the US market - both in terms of economic support as buyers, and in terms of countless hours of user feedback and work process development that have been incorporated as a added value to the program. Based quite naturally on the momentum of these early years, NNA may still lean a bit towards the requirements of the North American market. Some choose to complain about the current situation without acknowledging the whole history.

That said, it could only be good for all of us if NNA pays heed to the needs of the worldwide market and all it's local nuances.

pete

one of petri's bitches is not that NNA should pander to local nuances, that should be the role of the local agents, but that the program should support, even as a default, the metric system + ISO standards...

it's not like this is a weird thing to be asking for...

even if he does manage to come across like an old goat

kisses kisses

one of petri's bitches is not that NNA should pander to local nuances, that should be the role of the local agents, but that the program should support, even as a default, the metric system + ISO standards...

it's not like this is a weird thing to be asking for...

I'm not saying we shouldn't support the metric system and European standards - though I am in the dark, probably through pure ignorance, about what aspects of these are not currently supported.

I am merely pointing out that if one wishes to apportion the economic support of users to the software's base capabilities, one should look not at the last year or two but the whole history.

I'm seeing metric units supported, and metric fasteners - is there a list of other things that need metric defaults/choices?

For what it's worth:

Having been involved with this product for some 15 years, and lurking about the various forums and mailing lists (including the original on CompuServe!), I will note that Petri has "said good-bye" many times before, only to return soon after with his acerbic wit and stinging criticism of VW.

Petri, for leaving [again], you'll be missed by some and thanked by others. I look forward to your triumphant return in a month or so.

:)

VectorGeek.