How to change scale in sheet layer?

the problem started when a was in a sheetlayer trying to drop a title block into the drawing from my library,it was ten times the size of my drawing but only in the sheetlayer(no such problem in design layer).I noticed the ruler on top of the page was different in sheet compared to design.So I went to change the scale in the layer drop down box, where it lists all diff. sheet and design layers but there is no option to do this in sheet like there is with design layer.What I'm I doing wrong??? Also If I pan inside the viewport I notice the dim's don't move with the drawing,Is there a fix for this?I tried to fix this by doing the dim's in design layer,but after creating a viewport only the drawing shows up in the sheetlayer.Thanks

Edited by Jason4

Ok, sheet layers are only really a layout space for your drawing work, as such everything on the sheet layer is a sized by page size, or as if the layer was 1:1 scale design layer. (confusing i know as model space in other cad is also sometimes called 1:1)

One of the advantages of this is elements that are pure page graphics like titleblocks can be drawn at the size we want them on page. No more scaling them up to allow for them to be scaled down.

Your options here are resize your titleblock back to page size, or use a viewport of a design layer with just the titleblock on it, so that it shows up at the right size.

Viewports are when used to bring views of the design layers on to the printed page.

Viewports have a layer within them called the annotation space (double click the viewport to enter this space) objects in the annotation space will move if the viewport is moved. They are "drawn at scale" so objects can be dimensions and will read the correct value.

Each Viewport has it's own class visablities which you can check Object Info Palette.

You will probably find that the dimension class is not visable in the viewport in question.

Hope that helps some what.

Matt