Wall troubles!

Hello I am currently new to using Vectorworks and our school has Version 10. I followed through the book until it came to the part with walls. I followed the instructions and drew the walls and did the roof command. After that i would switch my view to Right Iso and all it shows is a 3d roof but no walls. They do not raise of the ground. I've looked at all the options and tried many things but nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

Kahle

Switching views only applies to the current layer.

To look at the walls with the roof, you'll want to create a new layer, then create a layer link on that layer including the walls and roof layers.

If the wall is a styled wall, you'll have to edit the wall OR remove the checkmark next to "Height linked to layer" in the OIP.

If it is not a styled wall, make sure the checkmark is removed.

Enter the height next to the deltal z value

Ignore my last post - I just noticed you are using VW 10. That would make no sense to you.

Instead - set the wall height in the OIP next to Delta Z or wall height - I don't recall the exact field name.

I would still focus on the layer link concept - you'll need that if the roof is on a separate layer than the floors to view the whole model.