Reducing File Size

If the big problem is getting a file to a customer because of email restrictions, there are alternatives ...

yousendit.com is a free utility that works like email and allows you to send large files back and forth.

An email is sent to the associate asking them to download a file using a link. The file is immediately downloaded and ready for use.

Sending a file is just as easy to.

There are a few other programs like that, but I can't think of their name off the top of my head.

I personally use yousendit.com quite a bit.

And it's faster (and less technical) than FTP.

Edited by Katie

if you are on a Mac then use the right mouse click and choose

Create Archive

if you are on windows use RAR or ZIP. You have to buy either of these but the .rar files are smaller than the .zip files. But beware, not everyone has RAR so others may not be able to read your files. if you correctly install RAR or ZIP then right mouse click and chose

add to .rar... or add to .zip...

Thanks all for the useful tips. I thought I was being notified of replies - but not so. Have to turn it on - so, sorry for late response. I will also try the archive feature, which I also did not know about. Thanks again for all assistance given. Matt