New Message Board

The new board uses a whole new set of style sheets. Over the years, we had many different style sheets available for you to choose from. As we had time to create them (or copy from other boards), we added them to the list.

The current version ships with one style sheet. Creating a single style sheet for this board takes several days, while working on main job responsibilities. As the time permits, we will work on other style sheets, add them to the list, and you can then choose the style. I can't guarantee when other "styles" will be available as I and my associate are very busy with other time sensitive tasks.

For now, yellow it is.

Keep in mind, this message board is maintained by people who have other tasks as their job responsibilities. This board is offered as a courtesy, and none of us are required to do anything, including update, the message board (which is VERY labor intense). I spend countless hours maintaining & managing the message board - mainly out of goodwill. I learn a lot from everyone here, so I do what I can to keep it going. I also enjoy helping people - which is why I'm on here more than I should. =)

BC -

What "functional preferences" are you looking for?

Many of these can be found under "my stuff" in the navigation bar by choosing one of the options.

Keep in mind, this message board is maintained by people who have other tasks as their job responsibilities. This board is offered as a courtesy, and none of us are required to do anything, including update, the message board (which is VERY labor intense). I spend countless hours maintaining & managing the message board - mainly out of goodwill. I learn a lot from everyone here, so I do what I can to keep it going. I also enjoy helping people - which is why I'm on here more than I should. =)

Katie, with all due respect, NNA is a profit-making company; from the point of view of many customers an online forum for this kind of software is both a selling point and essential, not a courtesy. If maintenance of the board is not in someone's job description and the accountants don't take it into account, well that's just sticking heads in sand stuff and a little disconcerting.

I don't think I correctly portrayed my intention.

There are other priorities right now. Some of the less important "wants" about the message board are going to take time to get done, nonetheless they will get done.

Edited by Katie

I guess you have to copy and paste from the answer to that question in the FAQ menu.

Katie,

Maybe you misunderstood my intent. I referenced the functional preferences because I had indeed noticed these in the My Stuff menu but couldn't find the pre-existing graphic preferences. I was simply asking what I might be missing or if it was still possible....not making a demanding complaint.

Otherwise, kudos for the image posting URL!!! That is the practical equivalent of adding viewports to VW. Communication is now improved. Now if I could only bring my self to using those silly emoticons.......hardworking well-appreciated employees could more accurately get my drift....or have I mistaken yours? Hmmmm.

I want to make clear NNA is committed to this message board. It is of tremendous use to all of us internally, but more importantly to the VectorWorks community. We are dedicated to keeping the message board going, routinely updating the software as it becomes available, and ensuring new customers learn about this utility as they come onboard.

I have a running list of wish list items. As time permits, we will add some of the extras, such as other colors for layout choice.

There are still wish list items not currently available in the software. I've sent the wish list items over to UBB for consideration in future products.

To attach an image to a post, follow the steps below:

Create a New Topic or use the "Reply" button within a thread to create your post.

Click on the "File Manager" link.

*Note: You may have to click on the Preview Post button before the "File Manager" link is available.

Use the new box to browse and upload the file.

(See image 2-1 and 3-2 below)

If you use the Quick Reply (typing in the box while viewing a post), you do not have access to adding a file.

You must use the Reply button at the bottom of a previous post within a thread.

** This only works for Mozilla 4 compliant browsers. (Should include most current browsers)

Edited by Katie

File size limits are just under 1/2 MB. I think most images should fit within the size limit.

If we start running into situations where we need to increase the limit, we'll explore it at that time.

Currently, the allowed file formats are:

.gif,.jpg,.txt,.png,.tif,.qts,.mcd

I don't know a thing about 13 .... ;)

I really like the new layout, personally. I can't take credit for that - that goes to UBB. Once we finish adding in all the extras for the board, it will look even better.

The yellow arrow should disappear if you go up to the top and click on the discussion area or go to Active Topics and choose one of the options.

The paper icon will always be yellow.

With that said, if you go to Forum List, any forum w/ an unread post will display w/ a yellow piece of paper.

Pressing the "back" button in the browser will not reset the color.

There are a few known issues with "new" items not always resetting. This was an issue in the last version and less frequently in this version, too.

This isn't the same behavior as the last version of the message board. If I am in the General Discussion Forum and there is multiple new subjects, when I enter and read each subject then go back to the forum, that folder would have gone white to show it has been read in the last version. Now it's confusing on which subject I have read. If I click on the Forum List button it kicks me back to the home page and all subjects in the General Discussion Forum will be white.