line weight with viewports

I've been working on a file and intially line weights were satisfactory. At some unknown time, when I go to edit the design layers, the line weights are all too much thicker. The same layers in a viewport look fine. I checked the scales on the design layer and the viewports and they match (usually 1/8" = 1 ft). I often work with "zoom line thickness" checked, but now I have to switch it off and on because the line weights are so thick it is distracting. What have I done wrong ?

Viewports have the ability to scale lineweights. Check the advanced properties and see if the lineweight scale is a value <1.

That alone doesn't explain the difference between viewport and design layer, as the attached images demonstrate. The first is from a design layer, the second the same objects in a Viewport with line scale set to 1. The Viewport lines are thinner. I believe this could be a bug, and will submit it.

Lineweight%20small.jpg

thanks for the confirmation...... in VW 10 I had a shareware tool that allowed certain preferences to show up in an easy-to-access list in the tool palette. Is there any such tool for VW 12.5 ? (It could come in handy to toggle "zoom line thickness" on and off)