Workgroup Referencing

Deke

Hello,

When setting up a workgroup reference the manual says if no layers in the master document are checked, all the resources will be available in the target. Not true! No resourses are available unless at least one layer is checked. Am I missing something or is this a bug? Can you suggest a work around?

Thanks,

--

Deke deCastro

deke@telluridecolorado.net

• 1 month later...

Deke,

I have the same problem, it makes establishing a reference very slow when the drawing has many layers.

My MAJOR problem with referencing is the inabilty to archive and backup reference files.

It is essential that backed up files are allowed to retain the links of that particular series of drawings.

There should be an option to "archive" a complete set of drawings in the workgroup reference dialog. Without this capability, referencing is not a viable option, and is too time consuming to use in practice.

"Instant updates" to a set of drawings is not reality when one has to establish each layer and drawing reference everytime you backup a set of documents.