low memory messages when rendering

Frequently when attempting to render a 3D model, I get a "low memory" message followed by "a number of operations were aborted due to lack of memory-increase partition size". I am on a Mac G3 333mhz with 284 megs of RAM, 130 of which are dedicated to Vectorworks! What's the deal? Thanks.

Try allocating less memory to the program to free up some RAM. When rendering with the Raymaker option you need free Memory to render. RenderWorks does not use the memory allocated to the program, it uses the free RAM.

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 02-09-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure your virtural memory is on. we've had to pump it up pretty high sometimes and then reset the vectorworks allocation as high as 175 MB in order to render, depending on the complexity of the Image. But our memory errors have alway been related to Virtural Memory vs VW memory allocation

• 11 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Justin:

Frequently when attempting to render a 3D model, I get a "low memory" message followed by "a number of operations were aborted due to lack of memory-increase partition size". I am on a Mac G3 333mhz with 284 megs of RAM, 130 of which are dedicated to Vectorworks! What's the deal? Thanks.

Hi, I've been having the same problem about "low memory" and "increase partition size". Did you finally figure out how what to do to get rid of the problem? I've tried everything suggested in the discussion group.

If you've gotten everything to work, would you mind giving me the settings of virtual memory, etc. that seem to work?

I'd appreciate any help that you might be able to provide.

Thanks,

Roy Reini,

Architectural Images

roynm@swcp.com