Is there a way to organize palettes neatly?

One thing that's been kind of driving me nuts about VW12 is how the palettes just float around the screen, without locking in somewhere.

Is there a way to lock palettes to a location, rather than have them all over the place like a messy desktop?

Christiaan,

So I guess there's not a way to lock palettes in place, or have them snap into place (Photoshop, for instance, does this nicely.)

Someone like Peter can apparently work without moving his palettes around, but I'm not as diligent as that. I just find myself constantly adjusting the placement and length of things to see more.

I wish there were a way to save palette layouts, or revert them, or something. Are there plugins that will do this?

You can save palette layouts by using Workspaces. Just move your palettes to where you want them and then save a new Workspace with the Workspace Editor ('edit copy of current workspace').

You might also like to make use of window minimising. I clocked onto the usefulness of this, with regard to the Resource Browser, only recently. Screenshots below:

? Resource Browser maximised

? Resource Browser minimised