Sign in to follow this  
obsidian

"cannot apply texture to object"

In any vectorworks file whenever I draw an object, such as a rectangle, line, etc I am unable to edit or manipulate the objects properties in the Object Info box. For example - usually when drawing a rectangle i am able to set the length, width, etc of the object in the Object Info box. For the past couple of days, no matter what file i open or start new i am unable to edit the object info and the message "cannot apply texture to object" appears. I noticed that in the attributes box objects are associated with a class style however i have never changed any classes styles. How do i change this?

You cannot apply a texture to a 2D object, if you are trying to do so.

What are you changing about an object in the OIP?

Also note the type of object it is - the object type is in bold letters at the top of the OIP above the layer and class drop down box.

The type of object is important - some objects have more flexibility than others.

there are 3 panes (or tabs) in the OIP: "Shape", "Data" & "Render". Make sure you activate the correct one by clicking on it. Sounds to me like you accidentally clicked on the "Render" tab, and the one you want is "Shape".

• Like 1